Pumpkin Coconut Curry
A very quick and easy coconut curry base to serve over rice. This is the base only, and what you add to the base is up to you. I like to add pineapple, shrimp, chunks of fish, scallops, and onions.
Write a review
- 1 cup dry rice
- 1 can pumpkin (pumpkin pie filling is good if available, with the spices added a little extra to curry)
- 1 can coconut milk OR coconut cream
- 1/2 cup Thai sweetened chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Chili Garlic Sauce
- Cook the rice
- Combine pumpkin, coconut milk, sweetened chili sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a sauce pan. Stir to combine ingredients while on medium heat.
- Add whatever you like to the curry. Any seafood you add should be mostly pre-cooked and finished in the curry.
- Serve in a bowl over rice.
- This recipes origin goes back to an outdoor kitchen in the Bahamas where I had a packet of pumpkin soup mix and didn't know what to do with it. So I had several drinks to transform into the Drunken Chef and an early version of this recipe was born.
ISLAND ADAM http://islandadam.com/